Do you want to improve your presentation skills and be considered a great speaker? Then you should look at learning improvisational comedy!
I know very well what you're thinking: "I don't improvise my speeches. I write them out and memorize them."
That could be the case, but you can find three reasons you should still learn Improv Comedy Shows NYC:
1) You will certainly get in situations where you have to offer an unscripted speech. Maybe you receive asked to speak on short notice, and for a presentation so small it's not wort scripting.
2) Things should go wrong, and you could have to go "off-script" and improvise.
3) Understanding how to improvise will absolutely 100% enhance your scripted presentation skills!
If you're unfamiliar, Improv Comedy Shows NYC is an application of theater where performers take the stage with nothing prepared in advance and ensure it is up as you go along. Learning Improv Comedy Shows NYC might help your presentation skills in the following powerful ways:
1) You will be more authentic - The very best little advice you are able to receive as a speaker would be to "become more authentic." Unfortunately, many individuals who suggest this never carry on to describe *how* to be more authentic. Any competent improv instructor won't only stress the importance of being authentic when improvising, but will even take you through exercises designed to assist you learn how.
2) You'll develop natural movements - Many presentation skills coaches and instructors teach you not to move your arms at all, and to keep them at your side. They say that hand gestures are distracting. Not the case! While excessive hand gestures may distract the audience, it's even more distracting to view someone struggle to remain still who loves to move. The exercises in improv comedy can help you develop movements that are natural and don't distract.
3) You will be funnier - Even if you are not a humorist, if you possibly can make an audience laugh, or at least smile, you will Improv Comedy Shows NYC be a success. It's called improv *comedy* for a reason. By learning improv, you will develop you possess natural love of life and figure out how to utilize it off the cuff, as needed.
4) You will soon be better able to get in touch with the audience - Improv is an interactive performance form. The audience is the main show. As you become a much better improviser, you'll learn to work with the audience and automatically sense when they're with you and not.
Consider taking a class or joining an improv group. All major cities and many smaller ones have improv groups that placed on shows and offer classes. Or even, try checking in with local theaters - most of them offer classes in improvisation.
Not only can you improve your presentation skills, but you will likewise have a boat load of fun!